- SERVING SIZE: 12 Slices
- PREP TIME: 12 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 25 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Entrée
- AVERAGE COST: $10
- 3/4 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ brick of extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh spinach, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 5 jalapeno slices, diced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup Daiya Pepperjack shreds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Gluten-free tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa (either on the side to dip or drizzled on the quesadilla mixture)
- Sauté the beans, tofu, veggies, and spices in a medium sauce pan until cooked through.
- Prep a large frying pan with coconut oil on medium heat and place a tortilla down flat.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of Daiya on the tortilla. Then pour half of the cooked mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Top the mixture with more shredded Daiya and avocado. Make sure there is Daiya on the top and bottom of the mixture so the tortilla sticks.
- Place another tortilla on top and press flat with a spatula. Continue to cook on medium heat until some of the Daiya has melted.
- Place a large plate face down on top of the quesadilla and flip the frying pan upside down. Then transfer the quesadilla back onto the frying pan to brown the other side.
- Once the quesadilla is browned on both sides, remove from the frying pan onto a cutting board. Let cool and slice into 6 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side for dipping!
- PROTEIN: 7g
- FAT: 4g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 6g
- CALORIES: 130
*Nutritional information per slice
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
This week, the Upbeet kitchen is feelin’ SPICY!
Our Cayenne Quesadillas are bursting with Mexican flavours, from black beans to avocado and – of course – jalapenos! Featuring fresh spinach and red bell peppers, our spin on this Latin classic is finished off with a daring and detoxifying dash of cayenne.
Whether it’s a potluck-style fiesta or a quick and nutritious meal the whole family will love, these vegan quesadillas are cruelty-free and muy deliciosa!
“Life without Mexican food is like no life at all.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.