- SERVING SIZE: 20 Cookies
- PREP TIME: 10 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 25 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Dessert
- AVERAGE COST: $10
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Tofutti vegan sour cream
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4-5 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Using a beater will make your life easier, but if you don’t have on you can stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until it looks dough-y.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and flour. Stir until blended.
- Using a spoon (or your hands), make little balls (about ½ an inch in diameter) and place them on the baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Let the cookies cool before icing them.
- To make the icing, stir icing sugar and water together until it thickens. Be careful not to add too much water or the icing will be runny!
- After the icing, it’s sprinkle time! No rules here. Go nuts and get creative.
- PROTEIN: 1g
- FAT: 2g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 12g
- CALORIES: 60
*Nutritional information per cookie
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
Let’s get baking, Upbeet buds!
It’s that time of year again and the Upbeet kitchen is looking real festive this week. Our vegan and gluten-free Sugar Cookies are easy to make but even more fun to decorate. All you need is about half an hour and a kick ass collection of sprinkles!
The main ingredient here needs no introduction – these cookies are definitely su-weeeet. But what better way to satisfy that sweet tooth than with a totally sustainable sugar high?! The not-so-secret ingredient in our sugar cookies is vegan sour cream. It acts as an egg replacement, balances out the sweetness, and adds a perfect touch of tart.
Looking for a recipe to bake with friends and family over the holiday season? Or how about a dish to bring for that office potluck that you totally forgot about until the day before? Look no further, friends. These cookies are simple, sweet, and soooo adorable.
“First we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of [Upbeet] cookie dough as fast as we can, and THEN we’ll snuggle!”
Buddy the Elf
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.