- SERVING SIZE: 4-5 Cups
- PREP TIME: 7 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 7 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Drink
- AVERAGE COST: $6
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Add soaked almonds, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender.
- Blend until mixture is a milk-like consistency.
- Strain the almond pulp using a thin dish towel. Lay the towel over a large bowl and pour the milk over top, catching the pulp in the center. Lift the corners of the towel and squeeze out any extra milk. Keep the leftover pulp for a delicious addition to your cereal or salad!
- Refrigerate and drink cold!
- PROTEIN: 5g
- FAT: 3g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 2g
- CALORIES: 35
*Nutritional information per serving
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
1. Almond milk is just a mixture of almonds and water
2. You can make it at home
3. It’s probably the quickest and easiest recipe to ever grace the Upbeet kitchen
In 7 minutes or less, with only 2 main ingredients, our Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk is fast and fresh. It’s got less than half the calories found in dairy milk, a healthy dose of Vitamin E, and – bonus – no cows are harmed in the making.
Simply blend soaked almonds with water, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Then separate the almond pulp and drink up!
“The most difficult part about being vegan is waking up at 5am to milk to almonds.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST