- SERVES: 4-5
- PREP TIME: 10 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 10 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Entrée
- AVERAGE COST: $8
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 celery stock, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 3 tbsp Earth Island Original Vegenaise (vegan mayo)
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp fresh dill
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then mash slightly with a potato masher or flat spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, diced veggies, and vegan mayo until mixed.
- Top off the salad with the mustard, lemon juice, and seasoning to taste.
- Serve as a side salad or on gluten-free Little Northern Bakehouse bread or wrap for a good ‘ol chick’n salad sammie!
- PROTEIN: 16g
- FAT: 5.4g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 49g
- CALORIES: 290
*Nutritional information per serving
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
Chickpeas vs. Chicken? You know what team we’re on.
Chickpeas are inexpensive (less than a dollar per can), excellent shapeshifters (mashed, roasted, pureed – you name it), and nutritious as hell (just 1 cup meets a third of your recommended daily fiber intake). And for vegans who are tired of hearing, “So, how DO you get your iron?!” chickpeas can be your official answer. A single cup of chickpeas fulfills 26% of your daily iron needs. Oh, and did we mention they’re delicious?
So sub that chicken salad for our fun and flavourful Chickpea Salad! Featuring tons of fresh, colourful veggies and a pinch of dill, this dish can be served as a side or sandwich. And since it takes 10 minutes or less to make, this recipe is perfect for your Sunday night meal prep! Simply store and refrigerate for snacking throughout the week.
Disclaimer: No chickpeas were harmed in the making of this recipe!
“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”
François de La Rochefoucauld
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST