- SERVES: 4-5
- PREP TIME: 5 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 15 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Snack
- AVERAGE COST: $5
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rip the bunch of kale into smaller chunks, removing each piece from its thick stem. Wash thoroughly (and don’t forget to compost those stems)!
- In a large bowl, toss the washed kale in the olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning. Once mixed, spread evenly onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Pop your kale in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and brown. You’ve got chips!
- PROTEIN: 6.5g
- FAT: 12g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 14g
- CALORIES: 80
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
Oh, kale yes!
These Lemon Kale Chips are a snacker’s delight and a healthy diet’s best friend. Seasoned with garlic and a dash of lemon, there’s enough flavour to satisfy any mid-day craving!
High in fibre and low in calories, kale is a super veggie with tons of plant power. With its boast-able vitamin content, kale is considered one of the world’s healthiest foods. But by turning it into a crispy chip, you can have the best of both worlds!
Simply wash, season and bake for a quick and delicious chip alternative.
“Green goes with everything.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST