- SERVES: 2-3
- PREP TIME: 5 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 12 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Entree
- AVERAGE COST: $9
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill buckwheat pancake and waffle mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed + 4 tbsp water)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Prepare flax eggs by combining flaxseed and water and whisking until mixed.
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl until fully mixed with no lumps.
- Grease a large skillet with the vegetable oil of your choice and set to medium heat. Add dollops of the pancake mixture, spaced evenly across the skillet.
- Flip until flapjacks are golden on both sides and serve! Get creative with the toppings: berries, nuts, chocolate – the works! But whatever you do, don’t forget to keep it Canadian with pure maple syrup.
- PROTEIN: 9g
- FAT: 14g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 42g
- CALORIES: 305
*Nutritional information per serving
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
Let’s be real: would it really be Sunday morning without a hearty stack of flapjacks? And when it comes to pancakes, they’re even more perfect when they’re plant-based.
Using flaxseed eggs to keep ‘em compact, these Flaxseed Flapjacks are full of heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. And since they’re made from buckwheat and not white flour, they lower cholesterol and boast high levels of fiber and protein.
With only 4 simple ingredients and a world of options for toppings, you can feel good about this good morning indulgence.
“I’ll have pancakes with a side of pancakes.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST