- SERVES: 4-6
- PREP TIME: 15 Mins
- TOTAL TIME: 25 Mins
- RECIPE TYPE: Entrée
- 1 cup peeled potato, cubed and cooked
- ½ cup carrot, cubed and cooked
- 6 pickled jalapeno slices
- 3 tbsp jalapeno pickling liquid
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- Handful of kale, washed and ripped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Que Pasa gluten-free tortilla chips
- Boil the potato and carrot for about 10 minutes or until softened and then drain.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture is a smooth but thick consistency.
- Voila! The cheese sauce is ready for dipping or drizzling.
- To make our nacho supreme, pile a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet, then dollop the cheese sauce on top. Make another layer of chips, followed by more sauce, and then finish it off with a handful of kale.
- Pop the nachos in a 375˚F oven for 10 minutes or until the chips are crisp and the kale is golden on the edges.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and top ‘er off with tomatoes, onions, and avocado!
- PROTEIN: 13g
- FAT: 15g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 52g
- CALORIES: 310
**Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
Buenos días, Upbeet-ers!
We’re all about healthy eating and clean living here at Upbeet Foods, but even the cleanest diet gets a craving here and there! Instead of giving in to your nearest pub grub, why not use wholesome, plant-based ingredients to whip up a gnarly Nacho Supreme from scratch?
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and uses 7 different veggies to get the job done. It’s packed with nutrient-dense ingredients that will still fill you up. And the zesty vegan cheese sauce? It’s so close to the real thing that you might even have yourself fooled.
“Tell yo’ girl like Doritos that’s nacho-cheese.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST