- SERVES: 2-3
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS
- RECIPE TYPE: Snack
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp basil leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Leaving the skin on, cut the sweet potato into thin strips. Make sure your knife is extra sharp – sweet potatoes can be hard on blades.
- In a large bowl, toss the fries in olive oil and add spices. Stir until all fries are evenly covered.
- Distribute fries on a large baking sheet in one single layer so they come out crispy. Bake for about 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with maple syrup before serving. Enjoy on the side of your favourite veggie burger!
- PROTEIN: 3g
- FAT: 0.3g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 43g
- CALORIES: 187
*Nutritional information per servings
***Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
Life hack: always add a bit of sweetness to your spice.
If you’re anything like us, fries are your plant-based go-to when you want to treat yourself. With less than 70 calories per serving, our Sweet & Spicy Fries are a healthy and ridiculously simple alternative. They are made from sweet potato, seasoned with cayenne pepper, and drizzled with pure maple syrup to boot. Don’t worry – we don’t think anyone saw you drooling.
Sweet potatoes are sensational little spuds. They are high in a handful of vitamins – from B6 to C and D – and packed with iron to keep you energized, especially post-workout. These orange wonders contain magnesium, which is proven to lower stress levels, and are chalk full of carotenoids, a powerful antioxidant that strengthens the immune system and fights off diseases (especially cancer)!
So why not give those boring old french fries a boost? Simply slice your sweet potato, toss in the spices, and bake ‘til crispy for a fun spin on an old favourite.
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.