- SERVING SIZE: 1 Bowl
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 15 Mins (+ overnight marinade)
- RECIPE TYPE: Entrée
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp (approx.) gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (approx.) lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cashews, blended
- To prep your ingredients, dice the garlic cloves and cut tofu into small cubes.
- Place both ingredients into a small bowl and pour soy sauce and lemon juice on top. If the tofu is not completely covered, add more of each ingredient equally until covered.
- Cover the bowl and let the tofu marinate in the fridge for several hours, preferably overnight.
- Once marinated, melt the coconut oil in a medium frying pan and start frying the tofu until it’s golden brown, or for about 10 minutes.
- While the tofu is frying, preheat the oven to 350°F and toast the sesame seeds for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- Toss cashews in the blender and mix until they are fine like breadcrumbs. Combine with sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Remove tofu from heat and serve with the sesame seed and cashew mixture sprinkled on top. For an extra bite, try dipping in a zesty chili sauce!
- PROTEIN: 46g
- FAT: 33g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 18g
***Nutritional figures are estimates and may vary depending on ingredients and portion sizes.
New to meat-free fare? This tasty tofu marinade might just be your next best buddy.
For vegans and veg-heads alike, tofu is a super source of protein and a favourite alternative to meat. Made from soy beans and packed with all 8 essential amino acids, this Asian staple can be served a hundred different ways. Our Sesame Smoked Tofu is just one – and a tasty one at that!
This recipe can be a simple side dish or a savory stir-fry addition. Simply cover the tofu with a gluten-free soy and lemon garlic mixture, let marinate overnight, and fry on the stovetop! And with the sesame seed and cashew garnish, you’ll get an extra dose of cancer-fighting nutrients.
Simply toss the ingredients in a bowl, mix ‘em together, and pop them in the oven. No really, that’s it! Healthy, hearty, and hot tots – in 20 minutes or less.
“Veganism is not a sacrifice. It is a joy.”
Gary L. Francione
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST