BROCCOLI, SPINACH, & CASHEW TATER TOTS- Gold & Green Tater Tots -
BROCCOLI, SPINACH, & CASHEW TATER TOTS
- SERVING SIZE: 12 Tots
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- RECIPE TYPE: Snack
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 small white potatoes
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Chop the broccoli and spinach and combine in a medium bowl.
- Stab the potatoes with a fork and microwave for about 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the softened potato into the veggie mixture. Stir until all ingredients are nicely mixed.
- Pour the cashews into a blender and blend those babies until they are fine like breadcrumbs.
- Prep a muffin tin with coconut oil and fill with the mixture. Once packed down, sprinkle the blended cashew on top of each tot.
- Pop those tots in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and enjoy! Hot tip: try dipping in your favourite flavour of hummus!
- PROTEIN: 42g
- FAT: 51g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 110g
Looking for a boost in one bite or less? These tots might be tiny, but they are mean machines packed with green and topped with a sprinkle of gold for good luck (and good health).
This recipe mixes 4 simple ingredients to offer the most nutrients in the smallest bite. While broccoli fuels your fire with a collection of necessary daily vitamins, you can channel your inner Popeye with a perfect dose of iron-rich spinach. The staple ingredient for any tater tot – potato – provides a punch of potassium, which is a natural electrolyte for proper nerve and muscle function.
With their golden brown cashew crust, our Gold & Green Tater Tots are a fabulous source of unsaturated fats – also known as “the good fats”. While keeping your heart healthy and your cholesterol levels low, this powerful nut can reduce the risk of cancer and diabetes.
Simply toss the ingredients in a bowl, mix ‘em together, and pop them in the oven. No really, that’s it! Healthy, hearty, and hot tots – in 20 minutes or less.
“Veganism is not a sacrifice. It is a joy.”
Gary L. Francione
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST