- SERVING SIZE: 1 SMALL BOWL
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS
- RECIPE TYPE: SNACK
- 1 can black beans
- 2 gloves garlic (diced)
- Small stem of ginger (about 1 tbsp diced)
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- Coconut oil
- Dice garlic and ginger while the coconut oil heats in a medium frying pan. Add both ingredients to the pan and let ‘em sizzle for a few minutes. Make sure they don’t burn!
- While the garlic and ginger are cooking, drain and rinse the black beans. Add them to the frying pan.
- Stir the mixture, adding a few tablespoons of water as it continues to cook.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place your cooked ingredients into the blender and get mixin’! Once the dip is a nice, thick consistency, let it chill for about 5-10 minutes.
- Chop up your favourite veggies or grab a handful of Luke’s gluten-free, vegan multigrain seed crackers for dipping! For optimal enjoyment, leave your dip in the fridge overnight before digging in.
- PROTEIN: 27g
- FAT: 1.2g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 71g
Beans: Protein: 25g / Fat: 0.9g / Carbs: 63g
Garlic: Protein: 0.4g / Fat: 0g / Carbs: 2g
Ginger: Protein: 0.1g / Fat: 0g / Carbs: 1g
Lemon Juice: Protein: 0.6g / Fat: 0.2g / Carbs: 5g
Searching for a simple snack on-the-go? Dig in to this dip! Packed with vital nutrients for your active vegan lifestyle, our Lemon Ginger Bean Dip is the perfect pick-me-up between meals.
Every ingredient in this delectable dip is a superfood in its own right. Lemon is a weight-loss wonder, full of cleansing vitamins that detoxify your whole body. Ginger is so magical, it’s even used as medicine. This remarkable root is ideal for treating the sniffles and keeping your immune system strong. And black beans, with their high protein and dietary fiber, are a vegan’s very best friend.
Simply simmer your ingredients over the stove, toss ‘em in the blender, and BAM. You’ve got a bean dip worthy of a whole week’s snacking. Perfect to pack for a busy day or bring to your next potluck party!
“We all love animals. Why do we call some ‘pets’ and others ‘dinner’ ?”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST