- SERVING SIZE: 1 SMALL BOWL
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS
- RECIPE TYPE: SNACK
- 2 small bananas, peeled, chopped, and frozen overnight
- ¼ cup of Cuisine Camino organic, fair trade semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy and gluten free)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnut
- Place frozen banana chunks and chocolate chips into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is a smooth, heavy consistency. Blend too long and your nice cream will be runny. Blend too short and it’ll be extra chunky!
- Scoop mixture into a bowl and top with walnuts. Feel free to add more than 2 tbsp if you’re feelin’ nutty!
- PROTEIN: 4.5g
- FAT: 14g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 37g
Are April showers getting you down? We’ve got the perfect pick me up! We scream, you scream, we all scream for – you guessed it.
This Chunky Monkey Nice Cream is our take on everybody’s favourite summer treat (minus the cream, of course). The best part? It only takes 5 minutes, 2 fixin’s, and 1 major ingredient: banana.
That’s right. This nice cream just got a whole lot nicer. Two frozen bananas can make a perfectly portioned bowl, free of all that excess sugar and gluten found in most dairy-free, soy alternatives. Plus, bananas are chalk full of protein-building potassium and pectin for easy digestion.
Simply toss in your favourite toppings and voila! Your cheat day cravings will be washed away with the April rain.
“As I improved my diet, I started to learn to love my self, probably for the first time ever.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST