- PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR AND 5 MINUTES
- RECIPE TYPE: DESSERT
For the crust
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp cold vegan butter
- Ice water (2-6 Tbsp)
For the Filling
- 5 cups sliced, peeled apples (any type of apple works!)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup sugar (brown or cane sugar works best!)
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin butter
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp gluten free all purpose baking flour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Prepare the filling by cutting the apples into bite sized slices, and toss them with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, sugar, pumpkin butter, and gluten free flour
- Next, prepare the crust by whisk the gluten free flour, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Add cold butter and mix
- Begin adding 1tbsp of ice water at a time until the dough becomes loose
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and separate it in to two parts (a bigger part for the bottom crust and a smaller one for the top)
- Roll out the bottom crust and drape over a pie pan, leave the edges hanging over
- Add the apple filling into the pan
- Roll out the other crust and place it on top of the filling, be sure to poke several holes in the crust using a knife
- Fold the edges of the crust together and brush the pie lightly with water, then sprinkle some sugar on top
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the pie is golden brown
- Wait for it to cool completely before slicing!
*SERVING SIZE: 1 SLICE
- CALORIES: 353
- FAT: 17.9G
- SATURATED FAT: 7.2G
- CARBOHYDRATES: 44.4G
- SUGAR: 16.8G
- SODIUM: 486MG
- FIBER: 2.7G
- PROTEIN: 3.4G
Flaky, Tender, and crispy, this homemade apple cinnamon vegan pie has got it all!
Finding it hard to find flavourful and healthy vegan desserts? Well look no further! This mouth-watering dessert is sweet, warm, and has a fun, irresistible pumpkin spice twist to it!
Contrary to popular belief, treating yourself to a healthy dessert once in a while is actually good for you! After all, its been proven to increase happiness, help with weight control, and it is a great way to incorporate more fruits into your diet!
“It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.”
ABOUT UPBEET BLOG
UPBEET FOODS welcomes you into our kitchen with our new blog. Here you’ll find everything you need to #GoVegan, including simply delicious recipes and chef-inspired tips and tricks. If you’ve been shying away from vegan cooking, shy no more! With our easy recipes and expert advice, vegan never looked so good.
DISCOVER MORE VEGAN RECIPES
Want new recipes before they get published?
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter.
LEAVE A COMMENT
RATE THIS POST